Monday, May 02, 2016

What's you last meal..??

In the S01E10 of Prison Break the cop walks over to Lincoln with his meal and hands him over a paper to note down his wish for the last meal before he his electrified. It suddenly got stuck in my head that if God would have asked me about my last meal before my death, then what it would be.

I would prefer a complete vegan meal, because that's the way my parents are having their food for more than two and half decades and their's not even a hairline trace of any non-vegetarian ever at my place. My mom is a fantastic cook and I shall prefer everything that's only cooked by her. I will start with the main course directly and then jump over to the desserts. I will stay away from Indian breads and directly jump to pulao. With pulao I would prefer some arhar dal tadka, which is my classic when my mom cooks over and then just before serving she pours some ghee over it. I would like the meal to be accompanied with all the dishes of paneer that my mom can cook. I have seen her cook so many different dishes and as a child I would be disappointed if any of my meal didn't have any paneer in it. My mom made it sure to have paneer, at least for me in every dish that she cooked. I would like to have paneer butter masala, kadai paneer, paneer burji, shahi paneer, paneer khorma, palak paneer and I shall also be delighted if small pieces of paneer is mixed with the pulao. After that I would like some mixed vegetable sabji. I will also not exclude that jackfruit curry, which my mother cooks. I will also love that sewali (night flowering jasmine) fry, which my mother used to specially cook for my grandfather when he was alive. I will also not leave the traditional boil potato fry. Assamese dishes like mashed potato and roasted brinjals should also be included. Perhaps I will be full after this.



This is not all, I will still long for the dessert. Anyways I shall be ready for bowel disorders, if there were to be any. I won't have to long for a doctor after death. I will prefer kheer and rasgulla's. I will prefer at least 4 to 5 rasgulla's. I will also like rasmalai, as that is the sweet that I remember crying for when my dad used to take to the sweet shops and I never remember him denying for it. 

After all this I will be full and be ready for it. Rather than longing for the great sleep of life, I will be more delighted if I could take a nap for a while and have the entire meal over again.

The pic above is no way what my mother cooks. She can cook far better than that. Obviously I would like to thank the guy who uploaded this after having a good meal, For his sake, I could use it in my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment