Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Love with a Prostitute

My uncle has been associated with transport business. I am familiar with many of his drivers and helpers. I have seen a few times one of his driver being isolated by the rest of the group. I never felt to inquire the reason why. Every time when I wasn't with my dad and I had to be dropped to Guwahati I hoped into one of  his truck which was scheduled towards Guwahati. I managed to save a few bucks of my pocket money and also enjoyed a good conversation with the driver & helper. 

It was one day when I had to come Guwahati and the truck that was scheduled towards Guwahati was to be driven by the driver that had been isolated by the group. I got up into the truck and their wasn't any helper too on that day. I thought the reason for isolating the driver was his introversion. I made myself comfortable in the helpers seat.

Surprisingly just after few minutes of starting the journey the driver started the conversation. He introduced himself as Madan Barua. The hi-hello session began and we started talking. He wasn't an introvert at all. After talking for a few minutes I asked him why did he chose to stay away from the group of the rest drivers and helpers. He said it was not he but the rest of the people who had decided not to talk to him. On further inquiring I found out that since he married a sex-worker he was separated from the group.

I insisted on knowing a little more about his marriage. He giggled and started. He worked as a helper ever since he was a seventeen year old lad. After working for a few months he started to learn driving. He got his professional truck driver license when he was 19. As a driver he got introduced to bumpy roads, late night driving, alcohol and brothels. He had been to numerous brothels. He met a girl in one of the brothels when he was 22. She was a year elder to him. He couldn't make himself feel comfortable after sex. He visited her again. Next time he didn't have sex. He talked with her the entire night. He visited her few more times and later he discovered he had fallen in love with her. He proposed her and she agreed. They got married in a temple.

He continued the conversation. He said that he didn't believe in seeking a virgin girl to get married. He always wanted a lady who could understand him.

Those words didn't seem like they came out of a truck drivers heart. All I got to learn in that 64 Km ride from Mr. Barua is that, 'Maturity is beyond profession and love is beyond the purity of the hymen'.

Submitted for Indispire

Virginity: The Character Parameter

24 comments:

  1. Wonderfully written, yes people are different and every person is an island. My question why can't we just see the soul instead of considering race, religion, virginity, why? In an ideal situation we should not even disect and discuss someone's personal choice. The world has burnt enough in the name of race, religion and all women have cried and exploited enough in the name of virginity and honour, can't we be sensible and just let people be what they are

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last line seals it ..maturity and love are irrespective of age, sex, gender, caste, creed, or any other biological or perceptible attributes. The problem is ... we never ask the correct question. Instead of asking "Are you honest? ", we ask "Are you a virgin? Instead of asking " Did you use the right protection when you lost your virginity?, we tend to ask, " Are you a virgin?' Having said that, it's not denying the fact that we are all knee deep in this shit so much so that " the ground beneath her feet' is not associated with the sanctity of her mind but the intactness of her virginity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Correct. Thank You Madam.
      Keep Visiting my blog.

      Delete
  3. Thanks a lot for sharing this story !
    I totally applaud and support your uncle :)
    http://www.ananyatales.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for reading. Actually its not my uncle, you must support his driver.
      Keep visiting my blog.

      Delete
  4. Lovely! Very beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful :) At times, the most unexpected people tend to surprise us the most!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing such a touching post! indeed Mr. Barua was mature in a true manner. We need more men like him who focus on things higher than virginity and hymen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so there are too many men left in the era who has a thinking contrary to Mr. Madan Barua.
      Thank you. Keep visiting my blog.

      Delete
  7. Brilliantly expressed...excellent...Nevertheless, millions of Baruas are there to slap on those who consider virginity or an intact hymen as a sign of purity and piousness of a lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Sir, You are absolutely correct. Thank you for reading.
      Keep visiting my blog.

      Delete
  8. too many times, society oppresses what it cannot fathom and so seemed the case with Mr. Barua. It's good to know that there are real people out in the world who are wise in their thoughts and deed, and pure of heart

    ReplyDelete
  9. a beautiful anf gritting tale indeed. its so hard to find people like madan barua these days. i loved the narration. good job

    do sometimes drop by my place too
    www.doomedwriters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete