Friday, July 12, 2013

A Jajabor's Life..

'Jajabor' is a very sweet word that has been coined from my mother tongue Assamese which describes the life of a nomad. The enlightenment towards the depth of the word has increased with a song of the Assamese Legend Bhupen Hazarika and also a recent emerging voice in the Bollywood Industry, Angaraag Mahanta (Papon da) who sang a song with the name Jajabor for a reality show Roadies this year.

Experiencing the attire of a Jajabor for a term in one's life is a beautiful experience. I remember my days of second semester when I had only one perfect destination for the day, and that was in the benches of my classroom. The chilled tandoori nights of those days were at different places. I actually had for homes, all of which was equally close to me. I had my own room, Syamanta's room, Sidhartha's & Ritusanjay's room and Yashwant's room. All the places at different boundaries of the Bangalore Metro. Syamanta and Sidhartha's room were the best den for a party. We would sleep all day and party all night. It was fun, actually a different zenith of the bachelor life. Yashwant's room was like a Shanti-Niketan for me and it was the place where I could study in peace. I used to be at my room just for a day or two after a fortnight to get my clothes washed and some other personal chores. I had my tooth brush and shaving razor always inside my bag with a couple of books. Every morning I had no clue, where I would  be sleeping for the entire night. After the college and then after a few phone calls I would decide and turn up at the destined place either to party or to study. In the tenure of those days I gained extremes of experiences. In the days when money flourished in our pocket's we used to drive to airport to get ourselves a mug of coffee and spend some time just to disappear the loneliness of the night. Also in the day's when my pocket was empty with a few ten rupees note and some coins I had lived entirely an week without any difficulty and which has been entirely mentioned in a different blog of mine (Link). I had also experience of journey's where I would travel hundreds of kilometers across different boundaries and even I had weeks where I used to stay idle and sit back with Syamanta. 

The entire semester flourished with peace and the day when it came to change my apartment at the end of the semester I realized I had actually turned up to be a Jajabor when I had searched my entire shelf and suitcases for my shirt's and when I didn't find them in my place. Later after a few phone calls I realized I had two of them at Yashwant's place, three at Syamanta's place and three at Sidhartha's place. I had my classes and exams with either Syamanta's or Sidhartha's shirt. I like the experience.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you sir. Keep reading my other blogs too. I will appreciate your suggestions and comments.

      Delete