Saturday, July 13, 2013

On Mother's lap..



Miles away, crossing different lands and rivers crossing the linguistic barriers as I stay in the busy and tempting city of Bengaluru, which is a total different landscape than my Motherland Assam. Assam is a scenario of peace and serenity and where nature fills with blessings of love. I never realized how attached I am towards the beauty of this place until I had to leave this place for further educational purposes. As I stayed away I grew more and more affection and got devoted towards the beauty of the greenery of the fields. The isle of Majuli seemed more beautiful than before. When I am away in the hush & rush of the Bangalore the strings of attachment towards my motherland carries my heart and floods it with all memories. As in the busy metro I move towards the top of Nandi or towards the water of Shivasamudra I get a glimpse of my motherland and which makes me feel of a home away from home. I see my bloom with happiness and smile in the busy metro yet deep inside my heart still ponders and roams across the banks of Deepor Beel. When they care to ask me why I say them its a knot of faith and a bonding of love and you won't know now. I search for my happiness too and every time I do I land up in the lanes of my village Dwarkuchi.

From days before, with the feeling to be home I get excited and turn insomniac. With no sleep I start counting how many hours more. I rush airport early and hope if somehow time travels a bit early. As the days become bright, I fly above the clouds and reach the greenery of the East. As the plane gets down I realize how it feels to be home and I I step out of the airport I feel I am on my mother's lap and I pray Almighty and thank him for making my mother so beautiful. As I steer ahead, among the buildings of the University or the roads across Jalukbari I realize old memories on these roads turn fresh. As I reach my home and see my parents waiting on the door, and the smile on both of their faces makes me feel more happy. As I walk inside running away from all formalities and as I rest for a while my mother's hand waves my hair every time and the feeling so beautiful that makes me fall asleep on my mother's lap.

2 comments:

  1. Home is always sweet.Your emotional attachment to your home & mom is nicely expressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sir. We can never escape the love for our mother.

      Delete