Saturday, July 13, 2013

Barthakur's Bed..


It was the evening of 26th March 2010, the day my class 12th boards were over. I reached home directly after exams, tired and exhausted to my throat. I was also not doing good with my health. The thermometer readings were above normal and I was vomiting for past few days. My appetite was almost dead which turned me weaker. My father took me to hospital. He took me to Barthakur Nursing Home. The doctor examined and also had some tests done and unsatisfactory remarks towards my health and finally he advised to get me admitted. I wasn't ready at all. I got admitted and asked for a cabin that was open to fresh air.

I called up all friends and withing few minutes I had a couple of injections and a saline. Rakesh, Saranga, Partha, Maharshi, Bibhuti, Ankit rushed at that moment itself and they were shocked to see me with all exhausted muscles. They knew I wasn't doing good with health at all still they never thought that I was so worse. After that Nitesh who had very less clue about the geography and bus routes of Guwahati had stepped there in for me. After that Sidhartha and a few more friends who were unknown to me (Maharshi's friend's) were also there. 

Then Maharshi asked a question a question to the nurse - "Will there be any problem if we 10 guys stay as his attendant? Please don't worry, we will adjust and we will sit comfortably in the entire perimeter of the room". I am sure the nurse must have had a minor heart attack.

Rakesh stayed with me and he was asked to monitor my saline limits and also call the emergency doctor if any complicity was reported. We watched two movies over zee cinema the entire night.

The next day on 27th Saranga and Maharshi was there early morning. Someone had informed Buragohain that I was going through a very critical stage and might be something wrong would be happening with me very soon. I never remember Buragohain being so tensed like this. He rushed to the hospital with Biswajit and Partha and later when he saw me laughing around he grabbed some air of peace. I was advised for some fruit juices and other things that would be beneficial for health.

I was detected with jaundice. It was the third time I had jaundice and also the doctor had suspicions of an enlarged gall-bladder for me. I was in a little shit.

The third day, on 28th Aroma came. I had informed her earlier but the earlier two days she was thinking I was probably playing a prank with her. Saranga, Bibhuti and Ankit were also there. My dad couldn't have a good lunch and so Bibhuti and Ankit cared for some samosa's in the evening. Even I had one. 

The next day also went along in company of friends and relatives. After 5 days, on 30th I was released with a long chart of food diet and a good set of precautions.

Barthakur's bed not only cured my jaundice trouble but also cared to teach me a lot of beautiful lessons. Some people who I cared more than anything didn't bother even for a phone call and the other's were just there for me anytime and every time. Barthakur Nursing Home more than a hospital for me, it was indeed a good lesson.


No comments:

Post a Comment