Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Am I rich enough??

Am I rich enough??

I am rich but I yearn for more.


The richness parameter of my life is being defined by my ability to let others live. The interpretation of the word 'Rich' for me is that I want to buy a bread to everyone who is famished and  not to treat myself with cozy buffets; to get a blanket for everyone who is sleeping on the street and not to enjoy a holiday in Switzerland; to gift freedom to every prisoner who is debarred from his freedom just because he couldn't afford the petty amount of fine; to nurture those child who are exempted from parental love. My richness parameter is well defined by my ability to be Salman Khan, my idol.

The richness parameter of my life is also being defined by victory. The feeling of richness is also by accomplishments. I felt rich the day I cracked 98 percentile in the MBA entrance.

I feel rich the moment when I am sitting sad and my best friend silently sits beside me because that's the best I have ever earned. 

I feel rich the moment when she appreciated my writings and said, "Your writing's define me."

I feel rich every time I realize that I am the reason behind my parent's happiness.


Submitted for Indispire.













4 comments:

  1. Very nicely said. A quintessential Bengali thought. Wanting to see the world smile without expecting anything in return except the feeling of richness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very noble views. Nice Sandip :)

    ReplyDelete