Sunday, May 22, 2016

To my future child

To my future child,

First of all, if you are able to read this then probably you have grown up and you already have a glimpse of life. Probably you are in a bed of roses or probably life isn't so easy for you now. May be you are fighting with the issues of early teens. Believe me, after half a decade those won't even matter. Three dreams that I want to pass on to you as your dad are -



  • Firstly, I want you to love your country. You are born with a debt towards your motherland. You can only overcome the debt when you serve your motherland. Its good if you can be in the army and stand front foot while serving your nation; but if you can't don't be disappointed. Serving the countrymen is as important as serving the frontiers. Make sure you do something that benefits the people of the nation. Be proud because you are an Indian.
  • Secondly, it doesn't matter if you are a boy or a girl. I don't know if you are going to be a boy or a girl and it doesn't matter to me even. I want to you to learn to respect a person because of his personality and not because of gender or demography. I don't want to you respect a person because of his gender, religion, caste, community, income group or age. I want you to realize that personality, attitude and thoughts are the real assets of a person. Tangible aspects like demography don't measure a person; but intangible aspects like personality does.
  • Thirdly, I want you to know that you must realize the value of money and then you shall realize the importance of hard work. I want you to do smart work so that you be intellectually sound and strong enough to be competent for any challenge. I won't suggest you where to spend but would ask you to think on what you spend.
You shall be a human being, but its up to you to judge 'Being Human'.

Submitted for Indispire

No comments:

Post a Comment