Tuesday, May 24, 2016

How my parents passed the test

I was then 17 and my 12th board exams were going on. I was sick with jaundice (which got detected after the exams) and heavy fever. I couldn't study. The day before the last exam, which was mathematics I was down with fever. The thermometer read 104 degree Celsius. I had two pills to take care of the fever and which was sufficient to make me feel drowsy. The last thing which I could see before falling asleep was tears on my mother's eyes. I could make out it was because she was worried about my health and my exams.

"You are too sick. You don't need to give your exam tomorrow and you will be taken to a hospital tomorrow," said my mother with the grief that I would be losing a year of my academics.

"Don't worry Maa, please wake me up tomorrow morning. If needed I will crawl to the exam hall. I might fail but I will still appear," I said my words just before I fell asleep.

I woke up and had two more tablets of fever. I reached the hall and soon after the question paper was distributed I started feeling drowsyp. I couldn't fight the sleep and instead fell asleep . I woke up after one and half hour. The exam was already half gone. I turned around to see my best friend in tension. She even cried later. I went to the toilet and washed my face. I sprinkled water upon my eyes so that I could be awake for another ninety minutes.

I saw the paper. It wasn't easy and luckily I knew most of the paper. I had a perfect partnership with the pen and I jolted down 60 marks in the time left. I didn't know the rest or else my pen would have sure been with me till the end. I was sure to pass.

My best friend walked to me and she cried. She didn't want me to lose a year. I assured her that it wouldn't have been so.

As I walked out I saw my father. He was there with sweets and juice. I grabbed some and passed on to my friends. It was the last day of our exams and all my friends had different party plans. I went home, had my lunch and was rushed to the hospital. I was admitted immediately. When most friends of mine were having cuisines, I was there at the hospital with salines. I was detected jaundice, fever and weak liver. I was later taken to Hyderabad for further treatments. The day of results came. I scored 42 out of the 60 that I had attempted and passed with first divisions and later got in to engineering.

My neighbours and relatives complained about my poor performance and also placed their suggestions. Later when I sat with my parents they coined me to be a hero. They were happy that I made it somehow.

I was glad at my parents than at my results. I was glad to have parents who were least bothered about my exams and results. I am proud of my parents. They passed the test. Most Indian parents wouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment