Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Abdul, let me drive

"Abdul, let me drive..", said his boss who was sitting on the back seat.

Abdul had been driving at his owners place for the past twelve years and he had never seen his owner drive. Although he was reluctant to hand over the steering to his owner he couldn't refuse to do so. He stopped the car and waited outside. He thought perhaps his owner was angry because of the frequent message tones on his phone. He apologized for peeping into his cell phone every now and then. He thought perhaps his angry owner had fired him out of the job. He realized his mistake.

"Sir, I am sorry. Please forgive me", said Abdul.

"Please get into the car."

Abdul got in as per his owners order. His owner started to drive and caring least about bends and pothole his owner paced the car across the half busy streets. Abdul pulled his seat belt. The owner started driving to some familiar lanes. Abdul realized his owner was driving to somewhere near Abdul's residence.

"Call at your home and ask how is your wife now. Say them we will be there in a while."

Abdul was amazed to find out how hi owner got to know about his wife's health.

The owner asked Abdul to step out and bring his wife into the car. He did accordingly. 

"Don't worry, I have called up the hospital. The doctors at the maternity are ready. We will be there shortly."

They reached the hospital. While Abdul help his wife to the operation theatre. his owner paid all the counter bills.

"Sir, how did you know that my wife was having labour pain and it was time for her delivery", asked Abdul.

"I usually don't peep into others cell phone but couldn't refrain from doing so when your cell kept ringing every now and then. I didn't let you drive because I can feel your tension."

"Sir, I never saw you driving."

"Don't worry, the baby and the mother will be fine."

"Sir, if you know to drive, why don'y\t you drive sometimes?"

"The last time I drove I lost my daughter and wife in an accident. Today I drove to ensure safety for your family."

The owner smiles at the news of a daughter born to Abdul while Abdul cries knowing about the bitter truths about his owner that he hadn't known during the years of his service."

No comments:

Post a Comment