Monday, December 15, 2014

Rise against fear

As a child I always feared to speak in front of the crowd. I had a fear of being broken down or been insulted. I never figured out how this fear developed within me. It was perhaps because of the fear of confronting people in their eyes. I never dared to face the crowd. It was also not like I tried and I was insulted.

The fear remained until college days. I never stood up to speak anything. I stayed away from the crowd. I never thought of fighting the fear within me.

It was the day of my technical seminar in my college. I had prepared a very good presentation on driverless cars. It was a trending topic and my effort had made the presentation a remarkable one. I was to give the presentation in front of my friends and the Head of the Department. I was not at all prepared with my presentation. I had a good hold on English and an adequate stock of vocabulary; but still I was not prepared. All I lacked was the confidence in me. I thought to skip it, which no one had ever done it history. I was broken inside. I could not gather the stamina inside to stand up and face everyone and elaborate everything that I had jolted in the slides. I took a few minutes for myself. I sat down and asked myself that was I a loser that I was having thoughts of quitting and giving up. I sat alone and recalled a few incidents from my childhood. I recalled the incident when I assisted my father in confronting robbers in a train and finally we achieved victory over them. I also recalled incidents of my days in scouts and guides. I recalled incidents of my philanthropy and blood donations which saved two lives at different odd situations. I fought against many odds. I didn't fail in them. I was not at all a loser. If I could have stood up against those I became pretty sure to have easily made through the seminar.



I stood up on my turn. I walked and took my stand. I prayed to Almighty for little help. I knew it was just for a few minutes and I would make through it. I spoke out in front of the sitting crowd. It was smooth and unimaginable. I couldn't imagine that it could have been that easy to speak in front of such a huge crowd. I spoke without any preparation and my presentation ultimately brought highest marks in my entire group. I nailed the presentation. It was easy and I finally made through it.

Today in my MBA, I am here giving presentations and speaking fearlessly and confidently.

Thanks to Mountain Dew!! I have learned to rise against fear..




No comments:

Post a Comment