Friday, February 07, 2014

Welcome To Guwahati


It was 06:30 in the morning; early enough for most Guwahatian’s to be awake. I was on my car with some bollywood tracks on the stereo. The driver complained about the chill weather but there was nothing that I could help him with and so I decided to be dumb. I looked out of the window. Guwahati was wrapped in a blanket of fog. I anticipated the view. I passed many familiar sights. My eyes sparkled while cherishing nostalgia. I looked at everything. Perhaps the entire city clique wanted to say me something or perhaps it was just an envision. I passed an assemblage of young college chaps; or rather espied a scenario of my own teenage. I passed the holy underpass where I proposed my love. I could commemorate a series of events. I broke down. I spotted a sign board that made my heart skip a beat: “Welcome to Guwahati”.

Although Guwahati was not the same as I left it 42 months back yet it wasn’t so different. The city was continuously thriving ever like always. Guwahati wasn’t just the Mother of Trade for the entire North-Eastern state’s; rather it had another beautiful attire. Guwahati was always ornamented with natural allure and charm. Far away from katzenjammer and the mess & hubbub of metro life, it is a tiny dot on the world map on the banks of the mighty river Brahmaputra.  People call it differently and have their own notions and connotations about it. But, as for me, it shall always be just one thing: Home.

N.B- This article was submitted under my pen for the second issue of Guwahatian - An E-Magazine from Guwahati.

No comments:

Post a Comment