Saturday, September 08, 2018

Mission China - Somehow a reality

08th September 2017 - The director and protagonist of the movie 'Mission China' released the movie across theatres not only in the state, but also in the whole country. The reason behind the date is to pay his tribute to the 'Bard of Brahmaputra' Late Dr. Bhupen Hazarika on his birthday.



It is the first ever Assamese movie with a huge budget of 2 crore. What had put the viewers eyes into arrest was the exotic locations that was screened in movie. The protagonist of the movie, 'Colonel Goswami' with three of his handpicked soldiers traveled alongside Indo-China border to rescue a young girl from the trap of kidnappers. Zubeen Da's anguish look in the whole movie drops several hints that there could have been another reason why he gave his consent for such a risky mission even after being from jail for something where he was trapped into and nobody gave an ear to his innocence.




The movie was a success across the state. Pabitra Rabha, Sattyakee D'Com Bhuyan, Deeplina Deka and the others in supporting roles gave their best for the role they played.

The movie wasn't an ordinary one for the state. In fact, it was a festival. People stood in lines for long hours for the first day any show tickets. Online tickets were booked for the entire week.


It wasn't an easy deal for me to watch the movie. On 8th September I was at Lunglei, Mizoram which is 650 kilometres from Guwahati across West Khasi Hills, Jaintia Hills, Barak Valley and crossing several districts of Mizoram. I reached Aizawl on the night of 08th September. Due to vehicle puncture, I reached Aizawl late and had to sleep skipping my dinner. I headed to Silchar the next day. I could have watched the second day last show at Silchar itself. I didn't want to watch it alone. I reached Silchar at 04:00 PM. With a small halt at my room in Silchar, I headed towards ISBT. Surprisingly there were 14 buses and all were totally occupied. It was never in my lifetime that I found so many passengers from Silchar to Guwahati even when trains were operational. I sat beside the driver in one of the last buses and travelled entire night to reach Guwahati without any sleep. While we stopped for dinner, I asked few boarders what was the reason behind such rush. The rush was to watch Mission China at Guwahati. I reached Guwahati and took a nap. Third day last show - I finally made it. I finally made it after a long journey of two days from Lunglei to Guwahati.

No comments:

Post a Comment