Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Human Notions Under-Rate the Spirit of a Religion

"Aren't you a Hindu", asked my uncle.

Actually this question was a result of a long conversation between me and one of my kin's. He has always been devoted towards Hinduism and temples. Very recently there was a big 'Puja' at one of the big temples near his place. He took responsibility of most of the duties and also raised mickle amount of fund. One day evening when I was at his place, there was a good assemblage of ample number of known and unknowns. He started blabbering and boasting about his effort and accomplishment of raising such a great fund for the temple. Everyone around started appreciating him for his deed. I felt something wasn't right.

"Can you donate five thousand bucks  from that collection towards an orphanage and an old-age home?", I asked out of embarrassment. 

"What do you mean? This is the money of God", he replied.

"Isn't the service to humanity considered as the service to God? Why are you reluctant to give this money to the people who need it the most than on people on his feast you are more bothered now?", I asked him.

He couldn't control his temperament and then he barked his question of doubt on my religious orientation.

"I am a Hindu and I am a human too. I am a Hindu and so I am concerned for the humanity", I replied to his doubt on my religious orientation.


Why have people forgotten that service to humanity is service to God? I am a Hindu and I love my religion. I am not towards the spirit of the temple but I am always for humanity. It is not religion that speaks against humanity but it is the act & deed of some preachers & followers the demoralize the morale of the commons towards religion. Religion is utmost purity, serenity, bliss and is always for humanity.

Submitted for Indispire

2 comments:

  1. Religion is a matter of Human Choice and choices are not overrated, Religion is never against Humanity. When we feel religion is challenging humanity its actually greed and not religion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Religion is a part of life no doubt........ But it can be manipulated for the sake of few thus challenging humanity......

    Besides, I will like to invite you to join Kenfolios and enjoy tons of exciting features. Make friends, connect, share, and promote with ease. Come and host your blog in Kenfolios, having even better features than Blogger and Wordpress with free SEO for your blog. You can visit my blog @KenfoliosThank you!

    ReplyDelete