Saturday, October 06, 2018

Some Me Time

Do we need someone to remind us to peep in to our life for some time everyday?

I was going through a tough time of life. Although I was doing better than than most people around me, yet I was directionless. Even those who were doing not as good as me were at least sure of where they were heading to. I started long back but I didn't know where I had to end. I was confused whether that start of mine was the appropriate or I was yet to start. I was in the midst of such a phase that I couldn't restart, I couldn't erase away of what I was going through. I had to live with it. I couldn't erase the beginning but could surely decorate the end. The start was gone from my hands, but not the end. To decorate the end I had to change the journey. I did that too. I started peeping in to my life more. I started reviewing myself. Today I am my biggest critic. I wake up and while I plan for the day I spend some time thinking if it was taking me to where I wanted to be. If what I was planning to do ended  in vain than it was of no use of doing that. Just before going to bed I analyse the entire day. I also self talk and I perfectly realise when I do that. I got to know myself better. I also got to know that my limits were not so less. I could push myself to extremes which I always feared to. 

Today I am not successful but I obviously realise what I am doing to achieve my success. Today I am at least aware of what I define as my success parameter of life. Introspection helped me to be a better version of me.

"Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom."
 - Aristotle 


Penned down for the 242nd edition of Indispire - Are you a smart learner? Do you learn lessons from everyday things? How did you learn the lessons? Share a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment