Sunday, May 08, 2016

What I learned from my mother..

I have grown up in a family where both my parents are working and I have always seen my mother as a dedicated later towards her work. She has never complained and also never skipped work, except on those occasions when it was mandatory to do so. Even after all the responsibilities at work I have never seen her skipped any part of her work at home. She has always ensured that our meals are ready on time and everything that is necessary to keep the house as home. She has perfectly maintained that home and work life balancing.

Often in family gatherings I have seen most women getting engaged in gossiping and bitching. Somehow my mother has always ensured that she stays away from all that. Instead she gets in to those talks which say about future prospects for me or anything other that is constructive. I have never seen her bitch. Even when I ever complained about anyone, she asked to stay calm. As a child when I ever said anything wrong about anyone she used to say me it was a sinful act and automatically I stayed away. Now when I have grown up, she knows that saying it as a sinful act won't keep me away from doing so. So he just says that she doesn't like it when I do so.


I have also learned from her to stop relying on anybody. Even after being a working lady she has never relied upon a helper or a servant. She never minds doing the household chores. When inquired, she says she actually does it as it keeps her healthy. This has influenced me to a great extent and even after having persons around to help I still do my own tasks. The only things that I can't do myself is pressing my clothes and stitching a button back on a shirt. I am sure I shall soon excel in these sectors also.

At my place its purely vegetarian and my mom has been cooking vegetarian food for the past 26 years without the use of any onion and garlic. Often our near and dear ones remain astonished seeing that. I have heard people saying that onion and garlic adds taste to food and meat and fish adds taste to a meal. My mother has proudly proved it wrong and she has always ensured taste in a mean without use of any chicken, fish, ginger or garlic. I am far away from being an expertise in this field.

No comments:

Post a Comment